Saturday, February 22, 2014

Thing 2~ Mobile Device Tips

I watched some of the videos on iOS 7 and did learn some new things about my iPad/iPhone.  It even inspired me to check out a Missing Manual iPad book because I'm pretty sure there are plenty more things that I don't know about my device!

New things I've been using so far: time stamp on text messages, control panel, photo editing, and bold print.  It got me thinking a little, though.  My husband, among others, is always complaining about how Apple products are supposed to be so intuitive yet he finds them difficult to navigate.  I love my iPhone and wouldn't want to change to anything else.  I can see, though, that the quest for simplicity and a clean screen sometimes means that things are somewhat hidden.  Luckily, they seem to be "hidden" the same way across most apps.  I think it comes down to what you get used to and just re-enforces the importance of learning more about your own device.

1 comment:

  1. I agree about the hidden items. They seem to put the functions that aren't going to be used by most people in the background while still including them, which is really great. I'm really glad I learned about the time stamp on the text messages. It's so helpful.
    -David

    ReplyDelete